Can I relocate and reuse the AEC Hygienic Shower Booth?
What to do with the waste water?
Why don’t I build my own Hygienic Shower Booth with Conventional Construction?
I want to know more!
What is an AEC Shower Booth?
The AEC Shower Booth is a pre-engineered, pre-fabricated modular structure that offers the client a clean, rapid installation without the difficulties and problems associated with conventional construction. The booth provides for one way traffic flow with two sets of doors.
Can I integrate the AEC Shower Booth with a different company’s modular wall system?
The AEC Shower Booth can be just as easily integrated into a modular wall system as it can be integrated into a client’s drywall or cinderblock wall construction. All that is necessary is that a cutout in the client’s wall is provided to allow the AEC Shower Booth to mate up to. Any gaps created can be sealed with SS trim or caulking.
Can I relocate and reuse the AEC Shower Booth?
Yes. The shower has 100% reusable components. The AEC Shower Booths are completely modular. The knock-down construction allows for the ability to disassemble the booth and relocate it. This feature benefits small firms with leases, because the modular booth will always remain their asset, and when it is time to move, the modular booth can go with them. This feature also benefits the larger company. Should their needs change and the modular booth would be better suited elsewhere, it can be moved and they never lose their original investment. The AEC Shower Booth‘s door and wall panels are interchangeable, allowing for straight through and 90° orientation options.
What to do with the waste water?
The AEC Shower Booth, when running, uses approximately 2.5 gallons per minute, with the average cycle lasting 4 minutes. Because the operator is assumed to be fully degowned by the time he/she enters the shower booth, any contamination remaining on the operator would likely be washed into the booth’s elevated drain basin. Waste water is most frequently drained to a sanitary sewer. Alternately, waste water can be drained or pumped to a holding tank, where it can be sampled and released to sanitary sewers or pumped to a processing area if it needs to be treated.
Why don’t I build my own Shower Booth with Conventional Construction?
The AEC Modular Shower Booth holds many advantages when compared to conventional construction.
- Relocate and reuse the shower booth: 100% reusable components. The AEC Shower Booths are completely modular. The knock-down construction allows for the ability to disassemble the booth and relocate it. This feature benefits small firms with leases because the modular booth always remains their asset, and when it is time to move, the modular booth can go with them. This feature also benefits the larger companies. Should their needs change and the modular booth would be better suited elsewhere, it can be moved without losing their original investment. The AEC Shower Booth‘s door and wall panels are interchangeable, allowing for straight through and 90° orientation options.
- Stronger, cleaner construction, suited for a pharmaceutical environment: Many booths today are built using drywall and studs or cinderblock construction, leaving unsupported cavities that can be easily punctured and rough surfaces that create crud traps. This construction requires sealing off areas and detailed cleaning due to all the dust generated by sawing, drilling, mortar, taping, sanding and painting. The AEC Modular Shower Booth is prefabricated with bolt on assembly. Once built, the booth can be fully washed and wiped down, including the ceiling, without leakage or water absorption concerns. The 304 SS construction materials are suitable for long life in a wet environment. There is no warping and no need for contact painting due to high humidity levels that would be attributed to conventional construction. The free standing booth supports its weight without structural reliance and tie-in to the existing structure.
- Faster Installation so you can get back to business: The AEC Shower Booth can be rapidly installed and commissioned in one day with simple push to connect plumbing and electrical harness connections. The speedy installation minimizes plant disruptions, compared to conventional construction (sub-contractors and several trades like glazers, painters, carpenters, plumbers, electricians, controls engineers, etc.) that can take weeks. Conventional construction can put any company behind schedule and this can translate directly into money lost. The faster you are back to normal, the faster you get back to business.
- Reduced engineering, architectural and permit fees: Our project package provides for the detailed CAD layout design, assembly drawings, P&IDs and bill of materials. Each project is assigned to an AEC project manager who will work with you from the project scope and requirements, to field commissioning and training. The AEC Shower Booth is pre-engineered and can meet any building code. At most you may be required to have an engineer or architect review and seal our drawings, which is much less expensive than conventional construction from scratch. Furthermore, our modular shower booth can usually be assembled within a plant without a permit. This is never the case with conventional construction, which always requires a permit and may tie up a project for weeks.
- Quality and Performance: AEC Shower Booths are manufactured to exact standards. The finished product is never questionable, a clear point that conventional construction cannot make. How good is conventional construction? It depends on the work crew. The truth is that most construction, if not closely watched, can turn into a disaster. A buyer must always be on the watch for shortcuts and substandard work. This is never the case with the AEC products. During commissioning of the AEC Shower Booth, a detailed Site Acceptance Check list is included to ensure the booth operates perfectly, which in turn, will ensure the containment performance of this proven design.
- Cost: AEC Shower Booths always costs less than conventionally constructed booths and other modular shower booths. Add to this the other benefits previously listed along with the accelerated depreciation allowed for modular construction (as illustrated below) and you will see why the popularity of the AEC Modular Shower Booth has grown tremendously. This is why many companies no longer consider conventional construction for their modular shower booth needs.
- Tax Deductions: The AEC Shower Booth qualifies for the Section 179 Tax Deduction.
- Construction Depreciation: With regards to depreciation and its classification, a modular shower booth system is considered equipment and depreciates accordingly. This is because the AEC Shower Booth can be fully dismantled, relocated and re-assembled, which grants the classification as tangible property with a 7 year accelerated depreciation life. Conventional construction becomes a permanent structural addition to the building, and is classified as real property with a 39 year, straight line depreciation life.
- How does this advantage affect the cost in the long run?
Assumptions (please consult this matter with your company’s accountant)
• Maximum federal corporate tax of 35%.
• AEC Shower Booth qualifies for 7 year depreciation, yearly write off is 14.3% (1/7 project cost).
• Conventional construction depreciation is 39 years, yearly write off is 2.6% (1/39).
• After seven years, the AEC Modular Shower Booth is completely written off, while only 17.9%
of conventional construction is written off.
• Using the above tax (35%) to determine a project’s true cost, the AEC Shower Booth returns 35% in
tax savings to the company, where conventional returns only 6.3% (17.9% x 35%) in the first 7 years.
If these tax savings, created by the accelerated depreciation, are invested over the next 31 years, the
cost advantage of the AEC Shower Booth becomes even more pronounced.
• Additional Factors to Consider:
• Responsible party.
• Elevated drain pan to remove requirement of recessing client’s floor.
• Detailed FAT, SAT with documentation.
• Regulatory certifications on control panel and plumbing assemblies.
• Warranty and Technical Support.
I want to know more!